NAMI Hall is an all-volunteer organization
Program Leaders: More Program Leaders = More Programs in the Community
Community volunteers lead all NAMI Signature Programs. We would love to have more
volunteers to maintain and expand the availability of these evidenced based programs, which are
offered at no charge to the community.
Become a NAMI Program Leader! Have you participated in NAMI support groups or
educational classes? Are you an active NAMI member? Do you want to share your story? Want
to educate and support others affected by mental health conditions?
– Check out upcoming training schedule and applications on NAMI Georgia website.
– Completed application and local affiliate endorsement required for all training. No fee.
– Mentorship opportunities available for qualified applicants, while awaiting training as Support Group Facilitator.
More Ways to use Your Skills and Talents to Support the NAMI Mission
– Help maintain and update our Website, Facebook Page, or other Social Media Channels. (Digital Native or Experienced Enthusiast preferred).
– Assist in expanding our Mailchimp updates to incorporate customized features and targeted communications.
– Customize press releases provided by NAMI and submit to local news outlets.
– Represent NAMI Hall at various community events. Volunteers needed for set up, manning the table, and take down.
– Distribute NAMI brochures and flyers to doctor’s offices, hospitals, schools, churches,
and other community centers.
We need Smiling Faces. Assist Support Group Facilitators, arrive early, help set up resources and check in. Welcome and direct people to meeting location.
Leadership Team: We have a volunteer leadership team that meets monthly on the third Tuesday evening from 6-7PM at First Baptist Church of Gainesville. These meeting are open to all. We welcome your input and invite you to attend.
Leadership Team Opportunities
– Community Outreach Chair – recruit and coordinate volunteers involved in community outreach activities.
– Education Program Committee Member – identify and schedule speakers for monthly education meetings. Currently held in Gainesville on the first Tuesday of the month.
– Advocacy Representative – share NAMI advocacy information with local affiliate members and community.
– President – liaison between NAMI Hall and NAMI Georgia. Responsible for setting agenda and leading monthly NAMI Hall Leadership Team meeting.
– Emerging Affiliate Leadership Team Member – Would you like to have an active affiliate in your County? NAMI Georgia is now accepting applications for emerging local affiliates. Contact affiliate@NAMIGA.ORG for more information.
Contact us to discuss these and other opportunities at NamiHallGa@gmail.com