NAMIWalks North Georgia
NAMIWalks North Georgia is a family affair and it is not too late to get started! We are so excited to see all our NAMIWalks North Georgia walkers at Brenau University on Saturday, October 20 as we all come together and raise awareness of mental health one step at a time! We will be taking our #StigmaFree message to the streets of Gainesville – you don’t want to miss it!
Every journey begins with that first step. Through NAMIWalks’ public, active display of support for people affected by mental illness, we are changing our communities and ensuring that help and hope are available for those in need.
Date: Saturday, October 20, 2018
Time: Check in 8:00 AM Walk Start 9:30 AM
Site: Brenau University Amphitheater 100 Smithgall Ln, Gainesville, GA 30501
Click here to support the NAMI Hall Walk Team: Walk the Line for the Mind
Remember: You don’t have to walk to donate and support NAMI.
Please share the flyer and make as many copies as you like.
WALK DAY DETAILS
- What if it rains? NAMIWalks North Georgia is RAIN or SHINE!
- When do I arrive? Walker Check-in is open from 8:00AM until 9:30AM. The Walk will start at 9:30AM. We recommend coming early!
- Where do I park? There are no designated parking areas but there will be street parking available. Click here for campus map.
- Where do I go once I arrive? Brenau University Amphitheater – 100 Smithgall Ln, Gainesville, GA . Look for NAMI directional signs and volunteers!
- Can I register to participate on Walk day? Yes, this can be done at Walker Check-in.
- Can I bring donations on Walk day? Yes, all donations can be turned in at Walker Check-in – checks made payable to NAMI Georgia.
- Am I responsible for picking up my NAMIWalks North Georgia t-shirt? Yes, every walker that has individually raised $100 will pick up his or her own NAMIWalks North Georgia t-shirt at Walker check-in.
- Will other t-shirts be available? Yes, we will have NAMIWalks North Georgia t-shirts available for a suggested donation of $10.
- Is NAMIWalks North Georgia a family friendly event? Yes – Bring the entire family!
- Will food be available for purchase? Yes. Phoenix Roasters will be providing coffee free of charge, while supplies last. Amanda’s Farm to Fork will be selling cinnamon rolls for $3 (CASH ONLY).
- Will there be volunteer opportunities? Yes. Please register here if you would like to be a volunteer.
- Can I collect donations after Walk day? Yes. The NAMIWalks North Georgia website will be live for 60 days after October 6! If you haven’t met your goal by Walk day, you are encouraged to continue your fundraising efforts!